Dear Lauren,
Today is your first birthday. Never before in my life has a year passed so quickly. On this day a year ago our family was made complete by adding the sister puzzle piece to our family's dynamic. It has been a year of milestones and developments and a year of amazement that you are my daughter. You bring me and your dad so much joy. Your smile is infectious, the way your crinkle your nose and snort when you're excited is something I don't ever want to forget.
We have settled into our life as a family of four rather seamlessly. Miles has a special love for you. He may take your toys and prevent you from playing with his stuff but more of then than not I will find him giggling with you. You laugh your deepest belly laughs when Miles is doing something silly. I see a lifetime of love and fun between the two of you.
Being that you are our second child I have something to compare your development to. You are very similar and very different than your brother. You keep us on our toes and there is never a dull moment with you around. You love to climb into the dishwasher, climb out the back steps and dig in the dirt and if we aren't paying attention you'll climb the to the top of the stairs in no time at all. Blueberries are your favorite food and you love to listen to music.
Just four days before your birthday you took your first steps. They weren't wobbly unconfident steps, rather strong, 'I can do this steps'. Sister, my hope is that you walk into the second year of your life excited for what is yet to come.
I love you longer than forever.
Xo, Momma





No comments:
Post a Comment