Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Running Springs | 2014

It seems like forever now that I have wanted to go to the mountains to relax in a snowy, cozy cabin, play card games, drink wine, and take a long nap. Well my wishes finally came through, with not quite as much relaxing and NO snow! We rented a cabin from a family friend and had the best time connecting as a family of four. It was a much needed get away for all of us to come home recharged with lots of new energy.

Warning - photo overload!
There was a perfect hammock hanging right in front of the cabin. It was wonderful!
 Lauren liked it too!

 Lots of area for Miles to explore.
 Performing a little maintenance on the cabin.


Some birds were rather loud - obviously Miles is not familiar to the sounds of nature!

We did get a bit of relaxing in!

So, I REALLY wanted to see snow so after Miles woke from him nap on Saturday we drove a few miles up the road to Snow Valley Ski Resort. We literally played in the snow at the base of the chair lifts! It was perfect. It was cold and icy so the 30 minutes that we spent there was just enough!
 His first encounter with snow.


 Watching the skiers come down the mountain.



 It's not very convienent to hand my camera to someone and ask them to take a pic so I found a ledge and took some self timer pics! I always love these the best
 I could have cropped this one down, but I love it just the way it is!!
Miles has been saying snowman for the last few weeks, especially since he would see them with all the Christmas stuff. Well he wanted to make one but the snow was too hard and too cold. As luck would have it, we walked to another area and someone had already built one for us! It was perfect.

We are already looking forward to going back - it was just far enough away to call it a real vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment