Sunday, June 10, 2012

Barton Flats | 2012

A few months back I reserved a campsite in Barton Flats, a campground in the San Bernardino Mountains - something that Scott and I have been wanting to do for quite some time. We considered canceling our reservation, but I am so glad that we didn't. We had a spectacular time 'unplugged' and enjoying our time as a family. It wasn't quite as relaxing as we had hoped - I am finding that it is hard to relax with a one year old but we had a wonderful time anyway. We are excited to add to our camping supply collection [a coffee maker is the first necessity on the list!] and to continue to make fun memories together.

As you will see in the pictures, we were slightly unprepared for how cold it was going to be at night. I should have taken into consideration that it snowed in Big Bear just two weeks prior -- I didn't and we froze the first night. A quick trip down the mountain for a sweatshirt, more firewood and bug spray made for a much more enjoyable second night!

I definitely see many more camping trips in our future!




\
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment