Monday, August 6, 2012

Tour de Big Bear 2012

For the second year in a row, mom and Scott rode the Tour de Big Bear. They rode 25 challenging miles through picturesque Big Bear. Mom rides her bike every weekend, Scott has not been on his bike since the tour last year. I think it may have been a tad bit easier for mom! When the ride was over we had a great time relaxing, drinking wine and playing cards. It is always nice to get away to refresh for a bit and to come back home significantly more energized.

I am seriously so proud of both of them and thankful for Mom for encouraging Scott to do the ride again!


Cheering with the cowbell! 
Getting ready!
We had two hours to kill and towards end I was up for anything to keep Miles entertained. Making mud from my leftover iced coffe wasn't what I was planning on but it kept him occupied so I didn't care! Notice that he is not holding on in the first two pictures. If he is not paying attention he will stand unsupported for a long time. He just needs to pair that with taking a few steps and he will be off and walking. 










In the afternoon we headed to the Alpine Slide - so much fun! 
Hanging out waiting for mom and dad
So silly! 
Coconut water anyone?
A thrilling game of switcheroo! With wine of course, it makes it that much more fun!
Miles would not normally let us sit and play a card game but for some reason he was fascinated with the pine needles. He would bend down, pick up a handful and then gently place them in the small hole in the bench seat. It kept him entertained for enough time for us to get through most of one game. It was great.  
Who doesn't love a bean bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment